The NHL 2011 – 2012 NHL Season has come to an end (at least abruptly for the Maple Leafs and their fans – better luck next year?). The Canucks have won their second consecutive President’s Trophy and I was there when they clinched the 2-point 3-0 win over the Oilers. I was glad to be there in person as a fan and a lover of the sport and the team.
I’m pleased that the Canucks’ season continues on into the playoffs and I’m confident that our team will advance to the Final series. To twist the words of the Stark clan, “Stanley Is Coming”. This cup will grace our city once again and be awarded to the greatest team in the league!
Here are my predictions for Round 1 of the 2012 NHL Playoffs:
- In favour of the New York Rangers over the Ottawa Senators in five.
- In favour of the Washington Capitals over the Boston Bruins in seven.
- In favour of the New Jersey Devils over the Florida Panthers in seven.
- In favour of the Philadelphia Flyers over the Pittsburgh Penguins in seven.
- In favour of the Vancouver Canucks over the Los Angeles Kings in six.
- In favour of the St. Louis Blues over the San Jose Sharks in seven.
- In favour of the Chicago Blackhawks over the Phoenix Coyotes in six.
- In favour of the Detroit Red Wings over the Nashville Predators in seven.
And there we have it Vancouver. Are you ready to commit regicide?! DOWN WITH THE KING!
Also are you interested in joining a Playoff Pool? Please hit me up for deats on Facebook or Twitter! Or in the comments!